How Old is My iPhone- Want to find the age of your iPhone, use one of these methods.
When Apple releases a new iPhone every year, it’s hard not to think about how old your iPhone is. Even though your iPhone is relatively new, it might feel old. This is why it might interest you to know how old it actually is.
You might not know the exact age of your iPhone, even if it was brand-new.
Apart from being curious, there are also practical reasons to check the age of your iPhone. Knowing the age of your iPhone can help you decide if it is eligible for an upgrade or if you should purchase a new one.
Knowing the age of your iPhone can help you decide if it’s still covered under warranty and if you will need to pay out-of-pocket.
Everybody knows their age well. Do you know the age of your smartphone? Smartphones such as iPhones can last longer than you might think.
You will see older models, such as the iPhone SE, 6, and 7, in public places. These models were launched in 2016 or earlier. Every iPhone model is capable of running smoothly for at most 5 years. You can find out the resale price of your iPhone if you are looking to replace it.
You will need to first know the age of your iPhone. It may be difficult to locate its bill or box if it is too old. We’ll show you how to locate your iPhone. Get Best Weather apps.
Steps to Find How Old is Your iPhone
There are three ways to know the age of your iPhone.
- Traditional Method of Interpreting iPhone Serial Number.
- Using Apple Check Coverage
- Using SNDEEPINFO or Chimpmunk Klantenservice iPhone Age.
How to Find the Serial number of your iPhone
(1) Go to the Settings section of your iPhone.
(2) Select the General option.
(3) Tap on the General menu to tap the About button.
(4) Now your iPhone’s Serial Number will be displayed. Take a note.
Method #1. Find iPhone’s age using Apple’s Check Coverage
This is the moment you get your serial number. Let’s now find out your age.
(1) On your iPhone or PC, go to Apple’s Check Coverage website checkcoverage.apple.com
(2) Enter your serial number in the area indicated and then enter the CAPTCHA. Click Continue.
(3) The next screen will display details about your iPhone. The Repairs & Service Coverage will show you the Estimated Expiration date. Apple provides service coverages up to one year. You can determine the age of your iPhone by entering the date.
If your iPhone is used for longer than one year, the estimated expiration date won’t be displayed. In that case, you can choose the next method.
Also get: How to Download Super Auto Pets on iOS
Method #2. Find iPhone’s age using Chipmunk Klantenservice
Chipmunk Klantenservice is a third-party tool to find the age on your iPhone. It also needs the serial number.
(1) On your browser, go to Chipmunk website www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel
(2) Enter the serial number in the specified area and click the Show the information button.
(3) Scroll down to the end, you will find all the information about your iPhone. Note down the Production year and Production week. With that, you can easily calculate the age of your iPhone.
Method #3. The Simplest Method
As the above two methods demand the internet to find your iPhone’s age, this simple method can be used to find your iPhone’s age instantly.
By just seeing the serial number of your iPhone, one can find its age. As these serial are a combination of alphabets and numbers that denote the manufactured date, time, place and the model number.
Usually the serial number is 12 characters long and out of which note the 4th character carefully.
K – 2013 (First Half)
L – 2013 (Second Half)
M – 2014 (First Half)
N – 2014 (Second Half)
P- 2015 (First Half)
Q- 2015 (Second Half)
R- 2016 (First Half)
S- 2016 (Second Half)
T- 2017 (First Half)
V- 2017 (Second Half)
W- 2018 (First Half)
X- 2018 (Second Half)
Y- 2019 (First Half)
Z – 2019 (First Half)
D – 2020 (Second Half)
With this, you can find the answer for when was my iPhone made and activated. We tried this out and worked perfectly for our iPhones.
Method #4. Check how old my iPhone is by using the SNDEEPInfo tool
It is unlikely that the date you bought your iPhone was actually the day it was made. Most iPhone models are made in China. This means it may take several weeks or even months for it to reach you. You can use your serial number to verify that your iPhone was built by SNDeepInfo.
SNDEEPINFO will need your iPhone serial number in order to determine the age of your iPhone. Find your iPhone serial number. Settings-> General-> About-> Serial number.
Go to the sndeep.info, enter your serial number into the input field, and then hit “Show Information”.SNDEEPINFO Tool for checking iPhone age
The next page will contain all details about your iPhone including its Manufacturing Year, Week, Country and Color.
Your serial number is all you need to determine your iPhone’s purchase date and when it was made. While the above options are the best, there are many other websites that can help you determine your iPhone’s age and manufacturing date. Are there any other websites? Please leave your comments below.